Science, Art and Language Enrichment Programme (SALep) has been implemented since the academic year 2019-2020.
Our junior form school-based enrichment programme, SALep, has the same name as a Turkish drink, which brings nourishment and pleasure to people. Not only can these programmes help enrich our students’ knowledge of science, arts and language, they can also arouse their interests in learning and promotes whole-person development.
To prepare for language proficiency tests, S.3-S.5 students may also enroll in Japanese, Korean, German and IELTS classes based on their ability and interests.
Learning outcomes will be assessed by grades. Some courses are taught by external tutors and the course is to be sponsored by the school.
September to November
2 Compulsory Modules for S.1-S.2:
• Chinese Calligraphy
• English Drama
From December onwards
16 Elective Modules (based on students’ interests):
• German Class (Basic Level)
• French Class (Basic Level)*
• Japanese Class (Basic Level)
• Japanese Class (Intermediate Level)
• Korean Class (Basic Level)
• Korean Class (Intermediate Level)
• Food Science
• Personal Finance and Health Management*
• Chinese Calligraphy (Intermediate Level)
• Creative Cooking
• Intelligent Home Technology
• Responsive Web Page and Hybrid App Development
• Mathematics Plus (A)
• Mathematics Plus (B)
• Advanced English Drama
• Aviation Technology*
*Newly added in the academic year 2022-2023.